Check in on my little brother:
http://babyaarchie.blogspot.com/

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Karsen's Doctor Day

Thurday was Doctor Day for Karsen and me. She played hooky from school and I took the day off work. I had my normal biweekly check up and Karsen had to get her cast off and go see her pulmonologist for her 3 month asthma check up.

My appointment went great. Karsen got to come in and hear the heartbeat. I think that was pretty cool for her. She wants to be in the room with me when they take the baby and assures me that she won't mind the blood. I had to break it to her that they don't allow 1st graders in the operating room but I will see her right after!

Then we were off to Karsen's pediatric orthopedic guy to get her cast off. He said her xrays look good but since it was on the growth plate, we would need to come back in 3 months to make sure it didn't damage it. She still has to stay off the playground and no sports for 3 more weeks. She was NOT happy about that considering she got her injury being the daredevil that she is doing flips off the swings.

After that we got Greek food for lunch. Karsen loved the gyro meat and tzaziki sauce. She insisted on the Greek salad and was bummed when I had to pass on the Feta. I love that I have such a cool little person that will go eat different ethnic food with me and not want to just order chicken nuggets or macaroni. She actually wanted Sushi, but I told her after the baby we would have a sushi day.

Last, we went to her Pulmonologist. Karsen had developed a little cough in the last couple of days so I was glad we were already going in to see him. Her asthma had been getting better and better every time we had been there up until now. Her large and small airways are functioning a bit below normal right now. She had been at 103% & 105% on a 100% scale, she is now at 62% and 76% and has a little bronchitis. So, back to the nebulizer for breathing treatments and we upped the dosage on her Advair to the highest dose and no playing outside for a week. She was REALLY bummed about that one. Poor thing, she is such an active kid!

She got a little bored during all the dr visits and in between "Pet Shop" games. (Pet shop is pretty much a 20 questions animal guessing game... not as easy as it sounds especially with her coming up with antelopes and leatherback sea turtles) Here is Karsen entertaining me with her "meditation"... The day was long and tiring, but it was fun to spend a day with just me and my girl!

2 comments:

Adam Shingleton said...

Sounds like a good day even with all of the doctor's visits! She is so cute!

Baby Pampillonia said...

that is the funniest picture I have have EVER seen =)