Check in on my little brother:
http://babyaarchie.blogspot.com/

Monday, January 26, 2009

My Little Starfish Girl


One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed
a girl picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean.

Approaching the girl, he asked, “What are you doing?”

The youth replied, “Throwing starfish back into the ocean.
The surf is up and the tide is going out. If I don’t throw them back, they’ll die.”

“Young lady,” the man said, “don’t you realize there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish?
You can’t make a difference!”

After listening politely, the girl bent down, picked up another starfish,
and threw it back into the surf. Then, smiling at the man, she said…”
I made a difference for that one.”


Karsen was baptised this past Sunday at my mom's church in Hurst. Her aunt gave her that story with a starfish necklace for her baptism. I thought it was a neat story and a cool present for a cool little girl.

1 comment:

Adam Shingleton said...

I love that story. It is really sweet. I am glad that you posted it!